III. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the right answer to each of the following questions. (15pts)
1. It took us a long time to get through all the ..... checks at the airport.
A. security B. terminal C. destination D. departure
2. Which of the following CANNOT be an occupation?
A. interpreter B. driver C.translator D. backpacker
3. I’m going to complain ..... the manager ..... your service.
A. with - about B. to - for C.with - for D. to - about
4. What’s the secret to your ..... ?
A. succeed B. successful C. success D. succeeding
5. I made a lot of mistakes because I was ..... .
A. careful B. careless C. caring D. cared
6. My sister was born ..... New Year’s Day.
A. in B. at C. on D. till
7. Put ..... sugar in this orange juice. It’s more tasty.
A. some B. any C. much D. no
8. My class has more students ..... hers.
A. than B. as C. as well as D. as many as
9. Your CD is scratched and ..... is, too.
A. my B. it C. myself D. mine
10. The manager ... welcomed us to the hotel.
A. him B. he C. himself D. his
11. I can’t go to a party. I haven’t got ..... to wear.
A. anything B. everything C. something D. nothing
12. Do you think Curtis ..... the car race tomorrow?
A. will win B. is winning C. wins D. won
13. I ... like golf, but now I really like it.
A. don’t use to B. don’t used to C. didn’t used to D. didn’t use to
14. I don’t know much about computers, so I asked the assistant for ..... advice.
A. a lot B. many C. a few D. a little
15. Tanya is ..... upset about losing her job.
A. terrible B. terribly C. more terrible D. most terrible
B. READING. (10pts)
I. Fill in the missing words. Write ONE word only. (5pts)
You may never be (0) ...the... best player in the world but (1) ............................. you enjoy tennis and want to get better, read this! First, find a teacher who can train you and give you some exercises to do. Make sure it is someone you like. Next, try (2) ............................. play for your school team or a club in the town (3) ............................. you live. This will give you lots of practice. When you are ready, your teacher will enter you for a competition. This may be in your hometown or you may have to travel to (4) ............................. different place. You will play against other tennis players who (5). ............................. like you – still learning. If everything goes well, one day you may be one of the top players.
II. Read the text. For each question, choose the correct answer by circling A, B or C. (5pts)
Britain is rather small, only 242,000 sq km. It is 500 km wide and nearly 1000 long. Great Britain is the largest island in Europe and the eighth largest in the world. Britain is an industrialized country. There are many parks in Britain. National Parks and conservation areas cover 20% of the land. There are two parts in Britain, including Highland Britain and Lowland Britain. The highest mountain is Ben Nevis in Scotland, one of the mountainous regions of the UK. It is 1,343m high. The largest cities in Britain are London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Glasgow.
1. Britain is one of the largest country in Europe.
A. True B. False C. Doesn’t know
2. Britain is less than ................ km wide.
A. 500 km B. 600 km C. 242 km
3. Britain is divided into 2 main parts which are
A. Highland and Lowland
B. Conservation areas and cities
C. Mountainous regions and cities
4. Which is not correct about Ben Nevis?
A. It is the highest mountain in Britain.
B. It is in Scotland.
C. It is less than 1300 m high.
5. Why has the writer written this?
A. To talk about the highest mountain in Britain.
B. To introduce Britain.
C. To discuss about the nature of Britain.
C. WRITING (10pts)
Read the sample paragraph
My mother’s first name is Anne. She is very pretty and very kind. She wears nice clothes. My mom used to be a nurse at a hospital. Now she stays at home to look after me and my sister Beth. My mom bakes very good cakes. She likes to garden too, and grows beautiful flowers. She also grows vegetables for our meals. I am glad that she is my mom.
Write a short paragraph from 6 to 8 sentences (about 70 words) about your mother. Use the following points as a guide. (10pts)
Total: 40 points
Quý phụ huynh và con có thể tải đề thi bản mềm ở link:
|TẢI NGAY ĐỀ LUYỆN THI SỐ 01|
Để tránh trường hợp bỏ sót câu hay mắc các lỗi sai cơ bản như dùng sai thì, khoanh nhầm, sai chính tả, thiếu dấu câu,... các con nhớ kiểm tra bài thật cẩn thận nhé! Chỉ cần một thao tác nhỏ là kiểm tra, rà soát lại tất cả các câu trả lời trước khi nộp bài sẽ giúp bài thi của con được hoàn chỉnh tốt nhất.
Quý phụ huynh đừng quên đăng ký nhận đáp án (KEY) ngay tại đây để chấm điểm cho con nhé
|ĐĂNG KÝ NHẬN ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ 01|
Mọi thắc mắc phụ huynh vui lòng đăng ký tư vấn về khóa học miễn phí tại: http://bit.ly/Tuvan_ams hoặc gọi điện tới tổng đài 024 7305 0384 để được giải đáp.
Amslink English Center