English Conversation 1: Catching Up with an Old Friend
GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY
1. to be on the phone: to be using the phone or having a conversation on the phone
- She cannot talk right now because she is on the phone.
- I couldn't talk to him because I was on the phone with an important client when he came.
2. an old friend: a person who has been one's friend for a long time
- I met my old friend from high school last week.
- We are old friends.
3. to catch up with someone: to talk to a person that one has not seen or talked to in a long time and find out about the person's life
Amslink cam kết sẽ đồng hành cùng quý phụ huynh học sinh đảm bảo kết quả học tập xuất sắc và giúp con mài giũa 4 kỹ năng tiếng Anh!
- I caught up with my old friend last night. We hadn't seen each other in over 20 years, so we had a lot to talk about.
- I will meet Sally tomorrow. We haven't seen each other in a long time, so I want to catch up with her.
Phụ huynh đăng ký nhận tư vấn chuyên sâu tại: http://bit.ly/Tuvan_ams
Amslink English Center