PRACTICE TEST 9
Time allowed: 30’
A. PHONETICS, GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY. (20pts)
I. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently. (2pts)
1. A. show B. snow C. bowl D. now
2. A. temple B. pretty C. depend D. pencil
II. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the odd one out in each of the following questions. (3pts)
1. A. advanced B. clever C.beginner D. intermediate
2. A. programmer B. actress C. singer D. host
3. A. sibling B. teenager C. parent D. relative
III. Circle the correct answer (A, B or C) to indicate the right answer. (15pts)
1. The coach congratulated us ..... winning the final.
A. on B. in C. about D. for
2. Jim had such a sore ..... that he could hardly speak.
A. headache B. cough C.throat D. stomach
3. You’ll feel healthier if you ..... .
A. play more computer games C.eat more fried food
B. take more exercise D. stay up more after midnight
4. My hair’s ..... colour is black, not blonde.
A. nature B. natural C. begin D. beginning
5. It was ..... to bring an umbrella. The sky was full of clouds.
A. sensible B. sensitive C. sense D. sensical
6. Watch out, or you ..... off the boat!
A. fall B. are going to fall C. are falling D. fell
7. My bike ..... stolen yesterday.
A. will be B. is C. was D. has been
8. George Washington ..... the first president of the USA.
A. has been B. was C. will be D. is
9. We saw a flock of ..... in the field.
A. sheep B. sheeps C. sheepes D. ships
10. One of my friends ... a loyal customer of your restaurant. We often eat here when we hang out.
A. was B. were C. is D. are
11. Amanda is waiting for ..... downstairs.
A. me B. mine C. I D. My
12. Wendy speaks 2 languages ..... .
A. fluent B. fluenter C. fluentlier D. fluently
13. ..... in town, mine is the largest.
A. Of all the schools B. In all the schools C. All of the schools D. Of all schools
14. ..... straight across the road.
A. Don’t run B. Not run C. No run D. Can’t run
15. ..... English lessons do you have this week?
A. How much B. How many C. How D. What
B. READING. (10pts)
I. Fill in each blank with ONE word only. (5pts)
I (0)...am... glad you can come to the cinema on Saturday. The film starts either (1).................. 7.30 or 8.30. If you come to my house about 7 p.m., we can go to the earlier one together. I know you (2).................. not been to my new house in Mill Road before, but it’s easy to find. It’s (3).................. the left, opposite the café. It’s older (4).................. any other house in the street and it’s (5).................. tallest building there.
II. Read the text. For each question, choose the correct answer by circling A, B, C or D. (5pts)
This summer I travelled around Europe with my family. I liked most of the countries I visited, but I think France is the best country in Europe because of the language, the tourist sites and the food. The French language is not hard to learn because it is like English. It was easy for me to learn important phrases. French is a popular language worldwide. I can use French in forty-five different countries. Also, it sounds beautiful!
France has some of the best and most popular tourist sites in the world. Some examples are Notre Dame, the Lourve Museum, and the Eiffel Tower. The Louvre is the home of the Mona Lisa, and the Eiffel Tower is the most visited monuments in the world.
Also, the food is wonderful. There are lots of tasty pastries and cheeses. All of the food is fresh and delicious. The very best part of eating in France was the desserts. Chocolate mousse and pain au chocolat are the best. If you get a chance to see one country in Europe, I think you should go to France so that you can experience all of these wonderful things!
1. What does the writer NOT mention about France?
A. The food
B. The people
C. The language
D. The tourist sites
2. Why does the writer like the French language?
A. It is easy to learn.
B. It is pleasing to the ear.
C. It is useful in many countries.
D. All of the above.
3. Where is the Mona Lisa?
A. The Notre Dame
B. The Lourve Museum
C. The Eiffel Tower
D. None of the above
4. What does the writer like best about French food?
B. Big dinners
C. Pastries and cheeses
D. Desserts and pastries
5. What would be the best title for this essay?
A. My visit to Paris
B. The foods of France
C. Learning to Speak French
D. My Favourite European Country
C. WRITING (10pts)
An Invitation Letter
Read the sample paragraph
Dear Aunt Helen,
I would like to invite you to Fun Play Night at my school. It is next Saturday, on December 11th. It will start at 7:00 in the school auditorium. My class is going to perform Charlotte’s Web that night, and I am going to play the pig, Wilbur. The play will be great, and we are practicing hard every day. I will be very happy if you can come and enjoy the play. I hope to see you there.
Write a short invitation letter from 6 to 8 sentences (about 70 words). Use the guide below. (10pts)
- What is the event? When and where will it happen?
- What will happen at the event? What will you do?
- Write 2 or 3 things and explain.
Total: 40 points
Quý phụ huynh và con có thể tải link đề thi bản mềm tại đây
Để tránh trường hợp bỏ sót câu hay mắc các lỗi sai cơ bản như dùng sai thì, khoanh nhầm, sai chính tả, thiếu dấu câu,... các con nhớ kiểm tra bài thật cẩn thận nhé! Chỉ cần một thao tác nhỏ là kiểm tra, rà soát lại tất cả các câu trả lời trước khi nộp bài sẽ giúp bài thi của con được hoàn chỉnh tốt nhất.
Quý phụ huynh đừng quên đăng ký nhận đáp án (KEY) ngay tại đây để chấm điểm cho con nhé
Mọi thắc mắc phụ huynh vui lòng đăng ký tư vấn về khóa học miễn phí tại: http://bit.ly/Tuvan_ams hoặc gọi điện tới tổng đài 024 7305 0384 để được giải đáp.
Amslink English Center